Sunday, January 11, 2009

Errol Jones to Join Producer at Gainesville DNWA Event

Great news, film fans. I have just learned that St. Augustine City Commissioner Errol Jones will be attending the Dare Not Walk Alone reception at 6PM at The Hippodrome State Theater in Gainesville on January 16 (yes, that's next Friday).

If you have seen Dare Not Walk Alone you know that Commissioner Jones has some pretty insightful things to say about what happened in St. John's County in 1964 and conditions in the African American community there today.

I am delighted Commissioner Jones will be attending the reception and the first Gainesville screening of the film (at 7PM) because he can speak to current conditions better than I (as one of the film's producers, I will also be there--but I have spent most of the past twelve months traveling and moving my family to Upstate New York).

This will be first screening since last week's announcement of the film's nomination for the NAACP Image Award in the category of Outstanding Documentary, so I'm thinking there will be a big turn out. (Why not buy your tickets ahead of time, right here.)

Hope to see you there!
.

No comments: